Connecting Point is always on the lookout for good people to join our team.
If you’re interested in working for us, please fill out our online Employment Application (unless otherwise specified in job listing).
NEW JOB OPENING AUGUST 28, 2017: Customer Service Rep (part-time)
LOCALLY OWNED AND INDEPENDENTLY OPERATED COMPUTER RETAIL STORE has an opening for a customer service position. Primarily inside work, in a clean environment, alongside other customer-centric employees. We seek conscientious candidates to greet and assist our walk-in and call-in customers, act as cashier, answer phones, provide basic information, do a little light cleaning, and to help keep our store looking sharp and professional. Enthusiasm for computers and devices would be a plus. We’re looking for someone willing to learn about new technology, and share that knowledge with our customers.
We seek neat, personable, reliable, and outgoing individuals who can make our valued customers feel right at home. Computer and / or retail experience is certainly helpful, but not a prerequisite – but we DO insist on a willingness to learn and a drive to succeed. This is a part-time position (up to 20 hours/week). It would be a great fit for a high school or college student looking to pick up a little extra cash. Must pass drug test prior to final hiring, and be available to work weekends.
We would prefer resumes be submitted in person, between 8 and 5 weekdays, to Jeff Thomas at Connecting Point, 1251 E. McAndrews Rd., Suite 114 Street, Medford. If unable to present resumé in person, please use our online Employment Application.
NEW JOB OPENING MAY 29, 2017: Windows PC Service Technician
Good benefits. Great company. EXCELLENT JOB! Connecting Point Computer Centers, the Pacific Northwest’s oldest, most experienced computer retailer, is seeking a qualified PC Service Technician for its state-of-the-art Service Department.
PC/Windows service experience is required; A+ and other certifications, as well as Apple experience, will also be given consideration. Position includes ample bench space, computer, ongoing training, plenty of bandwidth, and Sundays (plus one other day) off. This is a full-time position designed for career-minded techs; paid vacations, good benefits package, and a generous employee discount (on the finest computer gear available!) round out the package.
Please submit resumés in person to Service Manager Jason Kellogg, any time Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm. If you are unable to present your resumé in person, please complete our online Employment Application. Connecting Point is located at 1251 E. McAndrews Rd., Medford.
NEW JOB OPENING MAY 31, 2017: Service Writer for Computer Service Department (part time)
Are you good with people… and with computers? We’d love to hear from you!
We have an immediate opening in our Service Department. Some degree of computer skill and experience is required, but what we’re really looking for is someone who’s good with people: someone who’s personable, efficient, organized — and willing and able to deal with the demands of our laser-like focus on total customer satisfaction. Neat, professional appearance is an absolute necessity.
- Offer friendly, honest and helpful service at our service counter and by phone and email
- Greet customers, triage and check in/out computers as needed
- Perform opening duties of service department
- Create detailed check-in notes for each repair
- Contact customers via phone and/or electronically regarding repairs, get approvals, status updates, take messages, etc.
- Process payments and reconcile end-of-day business
- Have general knowledge of computers and be willing to learn Windows OS, Mac OS, iOS and basic networking
- Multitask (submit part orders, receive parts, ship parts, help customer at service counter, etc.) without constant direct supervision
- Work to meet sales goals set by management
- Present a neat, professional appearance
- Pass drug test and background check
- Occasionally lift 50-60 pounds, regularly lift 20-25 pounds
- Possess strong typing skills
- Be able to read small print/serial numbers on a regular basis
- Speak and write in English fluently
- Maintain a clean and safe working area and assist in general shop cleaning/maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a part-time position, offering roughly 35 hours a week (Sundays guaranteed off), and pays by the hour. Benefits include ongoing training and a generous employee purchase plan. Qualified, motivated individuals may be fast-tracked for openings as a computer bench technician as they occur. We’d really like to meet candidates in person: If possible, stop by the Service Counter at Connecting Point Computer Centers, 1251 E. McAndrews Rd., Suite 114 (Medford), any weekday between 9am and 5pm and ask for Jason. Or send your resume using our online Employment Application, and we’ll contact you to schedule an interview.