Connecting Point is always on the lookout for good people to join our team. If you’re interested in working for us, please fill out our online employment application (unless otherwise specified in job listing).
NEW JOB OPENING AUGUST 17, 2016: Are you good with people… and with computers? We’d love to hear from you!
We have an immediate opening in our Service Department. Some degree of computer skill and experience is required, but what we’re really looking for is someone who’s good with people: someone who’s personable, efficient, organized — and willing and able to deal with the demands of our laser-like focus on total customer satisfaction. Neat, professional appearance is an absolute necessity.
- Offer friendly, honest and helpful service at our service counter and by phone and email
- Greet customers, triage and check in/out computers as needed
- Perform opening duties of service department
- Create detailed check-in notes for each repair
- Contact customers via phone and/or electronically regarding repairs, get approvals, status updates, take messages, etc.
- Process payments and reconcile end-of-day business
- Have general knowledge of computers and be willing to learn Windows OS, Mac OS, iOS and basic networking
- Multitask (submit part orders, receive parts, ship parts, help customer at service counter, etc.) without constant direct supervision
- Work to meet sales goals set by management
- Present a neat, professional appearance
- Pass drug test and background check
- Occasionally lift 50-60 pounds, regularly lift 20-25 pounds
- Possess strong typing skills
- Be able to read small print/serial numbers on a regular basis
- Speak and write in English fluently
- Maintain a clean and safe working area and assist in general shop cleaning/maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a part-time position, offering roughly 35 hours a week (Sundays guaranteed off), and pays by the hour. Benefits include ongoing training and a generous employee purchase plan. Qualified, motivated individuals may be fast-tracked for openings as a computer bench technician as they occur. We’d really like to meet candidates in person: If possible, stop by Connecting Point Computer Centers, 545 Stevens Street, Medford, any weekday between 8 and 5 and ask for Jason. Or fill out our employment form above, and we’ll contact you to schedule an interview.
Connecting Point is an equal opportunity employer.