We managed to shorten the time it took to do inventory, so we’ll be open our regular hours today. Thanks!
iMac Pro: Power to the pro.
Now everyone from video editors to 3D animators to musicians and software developers can turn big ideas into amazing work like never before. iMac Pro is powered by an Intel Xeon W processor with up to 18 cores for incredible performance. Its Radeon Pro Vega graphics chip lets you build and render amazingly lifelike special effects and VR worlds. And with up to 128GB of memory and 4TB of flash storage, saving and loading projects happen almost instantly. Introducing iMac Pro, the most powerful Mac ever.
- 27-inch (diagonal) Retina 5K display
- 5120‑by‑2880 resolution with support for one billion colors
- 8-, 10-, 14-, or 18-core Xeon W processor
- Radeon Pro Vega 56 graphics with 8GB of HBM2 memory, configurable to Vega 64 with 16GB of HBM2 memory
- 32GB of memory, configurable to 64GB or 128GB
- 1TB of storage, configurable to 2TB or 4TB SSD
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports / Four USB 3 ports / SDXC card slot / 10Gb Ethernet / 3.5 mm headphone jack / Stereo speakers / Four mics
Prices for the iMac Pro, the most powerful computer Apple has ever made, begin at $4999. Get more information here. Or take the plunge and pick one up today at Connecting Point, or order from our convenient online eStore.
The Marine Corps Toys for Tots Program collects new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distributes those toys as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community.
Connecting Point has a Toys for Tots collection box right at our front entrance. We invite you to contribute to this fine cause and help disadvantaged kids in the Rogue Valley. When you’re out shopping for toys for your own friends and children, take a moment to think of those kids less fortunate.
The collection box will be in place until Thursday, December 14th.
LOCAL EVENTS IN SUPPORT OF TOYS FOR TOTS…
- Gamble for Good Poker Tournament – December 2nd, 2pm at Southern Oregon Poker Club, 3502 Excel Dr., #103, Medford, OR
- Gervais DaySpa – December 2nd, 7pm – 9pm, bring a toy and receive complimentary mini-services, along with appetizers, wine, live music, photo-booth, and prize drawings.
- Beasy’s on the Creek in Ashland – On December 4th, they’re offering a steak dinner (value approx. $20) with a donation of a new, unwrapped toy with an equal value.
- Harvey’s Place Ashland – On December 5th, they’re offering a salmon dinner (value approx. $20) with a donation of a new unwrapped toy with an equal value.
The Southern Oregon Best of the Best 2017 Reader’s Choice competition has ended, and Connecting Point scored a big win! After the Mail Tribune newspaper folks tallied the results from a record 7,200+ individual voters, it was revealed that Connecting Point SERVICE has taken First Place in the Computer Services category.
At right, Service Manager Jason Kellogg and General Manager Jeff Thomas display the plaque we were awarded. Kudos to them, and to the great team of technicians doing fine work in our Service Department. And many thanks to the thousands who voted for us – you’ve given us a lot to live up to! We will do everything we can to maintain the high level of service that won us the award.
We’re pleased to report that Connecting Point will be open Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 4th, 2017).
We’ll be open on Labor Day for our regular hours (9 am to 6:30 pm). All departments will be open, including Connecting Point SERVICE. We invite you to take refuge from the heat and smoke and stop in to say “hi”!
Every student and classroom in the Rogue Valley should have the school supplies they need.
Connecting Point and KMVU-TV FOX 26 have joined forces to collect the supplies our local students and schools need. But we need your help! Bring new school supplies to Connecting Point, and place them in the collection box at our front counter. We’ll see that they get to where they’re needed most.
Here are some suggested supplies for both students and classrooms…
- Paper: lined paper, copy paper, construction paper, spiral notebooks, composition books, index cards
- Pencils & Pens: blue or black pens, #2 pencils, colored pencils, erasers, pencil sharpener, pencil case, colored markers, crayons, highlighters, dry-erase markers
- General Supplies: dry-erase boards, paper clips, 3-ring 2″ binders, pocket folders, report covers, backpacks
- Classroom Staples: stapler, staples, rulers, protractors, glue sticks, scissors, tape, calculator
- Things you can never have too much of: tissues, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer
We’d like to be forced to empty and refill the collection box many, many times before it goes away on September 15th. Please chip in what you can. And thanks!