What products can Connecting Point SERVICE work on (warranty and out of warranty)?
- ALL PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM CONNECTING POINT COMPUTER CENTERS, Medford, Oregon USA (in or out of warranty). This includes Apple, Compaq, Acer, and Hewlett-Packard systems. If we cannot fix it here, we will facilitate the repair (arrange for service, ship it to the repair center, and contact the customer upon its safe return). Some companies charge us shipping and handling fees, even when a product is still under warranty. These charges will be passed along to the customer.
- ALL APPLE® PRODUCTS, including desktop and notebook Mac® models, iPad®, iPod®, and iPhone®, regardless of place of purchase or whether they are in or out of warranty. AppleCare™ Extended Service Protection is fully recognized and supported.
- Are all Apple repairs performed in-house?
No. Our contract with Apple forbids us from performing certain repairs in our service department. This is particularly true with devices like iPhone and Apple Watch – some repairs we can do; others we are simply not allowed to do. We should emphasize this is not our choice, but Apple’s. When a repair cannot be performed in-house, we send it to an Apple service center.
- ALL COMPAQ PRESARIO desktop and notebook products, in or out of warranty, regardless of place of purchase. (We are an authorized service center for these Compaq products.)
- ALL HP PAVILION desktop and notebook systems, in or out of warranty, regardless of place of purchase. (We are an authorized service center for these HP products.)
- HP LASER PRINTERS, regardless of place of purchase, if out of warranty. In-warranty HP laser printers must have been purchased from Connecting Point for us to service them.
- Out-of-warranty Windows desktop computers, regardless of brand or place of purchase.
- Out-of-warranty notebook computers from Compaq, Dell, HP, IBM/Lenovo, or Sony, as well as most other major brand names, regardless of place of purchase.
What can’t our Service Department work on?
- Non-brand-name (generic or “clone”) notebooks or laptops.
- Copy machines and fax machines.
- In-warranty HP laser printers not purchased from our stores.
- Anything else not specifically listed above.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPod, Mac, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.