Today, Apple announced changes to its popular iPad lineup.
Some older models were phased out, a new model was introduced, and in some cases prices shifted significantly downward.
Here are today’s iPad family announcements, in a nutshell:
- The iPad Air 2 product line is gone.
- In its place, Apple is introducing a new 9.7-inch model, called simply “iPad.” Prices now start at $429.99 for a 128GB Wi-Fi only model (down from $529.99 for the iPad Air 2 counterpart), and a 128GB Wi-Fi+Cellular version for $559.99 (down from $629.99). iPad is available in Silver, Gold, or Space Gray. We will begin accepting orders for iPad beginning this Friday (March 24th, 2017).
- The iPad mini 2 line is also gone, and prices for the iPad mini 4 have dropped. iPad mini 4 is now available in just a 128GB configuration, with a Wi-Fi only version selling for $399.99, and the cellular version for $529.99. Color choices are Silver, Gold, and Space Gray.
- The iPad Pro lines remain unchanged.
For complete specifications, pricing, and ordering info, visit our iPad lineup page here.
THIS WEEK’S DOTW: PopSockets Expanding Grip/Stand for Smartphones and Tablets for $10.99 (reg. $19.99)
Get a grip, man (and a stand)! Easily attaches to most phones, tablets, and cases. Add a single PopSocket, or a pair to the back of almost any mobile device to transform its capabilities. PopSockets “pop” accordion-style whenever you need a grip, a stand, an earbud-management system, or just something to play with. Remove your PopSocket by pulling slowly on the base; you can reposition and reattach time and time again. You’ll always have the exact grip or stand you need – and at a seriously discounted price (while supplies last).
- Pop, tilt, wrap, prop, collapse, grip, repeat – PopSockets are great for enhancing the grip and capabilities of your phone
- Secure grips for texting, calling, photos, and selfies – compatible with all smartphones and tablets
- Works in landscape and portrait modes for watching videos, web surfing, texting, gaming, group photos, FaceTime, and Skype
- Allows your hand to relax while securely holding your phone – never drop your phone again from lost grip
- Advanced reusable adhesive – repositionable, washable adhesive sticks to most devices and cases (will not stick to some waterproof cases or silicone)
- Choose from purple, black, blue, or red PopSockets
This offer runs from Friday, March 17th through Thursday, March 23rd, 2017, or while supplies last. Sorry, no rain checks.
THIS WEEK’S DOTW: 3-Foot USB to Lightning Cable $4.99 (reg. $14.99)
High-quality Lightning cable for Apple devices, at a fraction of brand-name price. Constructed from neither plastics nor polycarbonate sheathing, but instead uses an especially high-tensile nylon shell. The cable is circled by the nylon fiber cloth, which brings both superior durability and increased flexibility. And we guarantee its compatibility (see list below).
Now you can afford to keep spare cables wherever you may need them: in your purse, your backpack, your briefcase, your car, your yacht, your Gulfstream jet… well, you get the idea. Time to stock up!
- iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s plus /6s/ 6 plus /6
- iPhone 5s / 5c / 5 / SE
- iPad Air / Air 2
- iPad Pro/iPad mini / mini 2 / mini 3 / mini 4
- iPod nano (7th generation)/iPod touch (5th generation)
UPDATE 03.14.17: Sorry, but this item has sold out.
This offer runs from Friday, March 10th through Thursday, March 16th, 2017, or while supplies last. Sorry, no rain checks.
12 DAYS OF SAVINGS | DAY 5 – Saturday, Dec. 17th:
25% Off All iPhone Accessories In Stock
Cases, screen protectors, styli, earbuds, Bluetooth add-ons and more – all on sale!
This offer will be available all day Saturday, December 17th, 2016, or while supplies last. Sorry, no rain checks
Apple has determined that a very small number of iPhone 6s devices may unexpectedly shut down. This is not a safety issue and only affects devices within a limited serial number range that were manufactured between September and October 2015.
If you have experienced this issue,Apple has provided this link where you can enter your iPhone 6s serial number to see if it is eligible for a battery replacement, free of charge. If you do qualify, please contact Connecting Point SERVICE. We are fully authorized to take care of this battery replacement issue for you.
Apple may restrict or limit repair to the original country of purchase.
If you believe your iPhone 6s was affected by this issue, and you paid to replace your battery, you can contact Apple about a refund.
This worldwide Apple program doesn’t extend the standard warranty coverage of the iPhone 6s.
The program covers affected iPhone 6s batteries for three years after the first retail sale of the unit.
Catch the keynote live (provided you meet some pretty Apple-centric requirements—see below). No one but Tim Cook and his inner circle ever know for sure what’s going to be announced at such things, but today’s event is strongly rumored to herald the introduction of a new Apple iPhone.
If you aren’t able to watch the livestream, plenty of tech sites are liveblogging the event. Here are a few links:
Requirements: Live streaming uses Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology. HLS requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Safari on iOS 7.0 or later, a Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later, or a PC with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. Streaming via Apple TV requires an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software 6.2 or later or an Apple TV (4th generation).
THIS WEEK: Belkin MIXIT Lightning ChargeSync Dock $9.99 (reg. $39.99)
Charge and sync your Lightning connector iPhone, iPod, or iPad with this compact and stylish dock, from respected industry leader Belkin. To use it, simply plug the integrated 4-foot hardwire USB cable into your laptop or desktop and dock your device. To charge from the wall, just plug it into your existing AC charger, then plug into any wall outlet (charger not included).
The dock has a built-in Lightning connector, so you can dock your Lightning-compatible devices to charge and sync, hands-free.
If your speakers, Lightning connector and headphone port are fully exposed when your case is on your device, you should be able to easily dock your iPhone without removing the case. (For best possible results, remove your case before you dock.)
- Painted aluminum finish
- Uses your existing AC charger
- Integrated 4-foot hardwire USB cable
- Works any Lightning-compatible iOS device
- Available colors (as shown in photo): Pink, blue, purple, and green
The Belkin MIXIT Lightning ChargeSync Dock normally sells for $39.99. But while supplies last, you can get yours for just $9.99! That’s cheaper than a Lightning cable alone!
This offer runs from Friday, June 24th through Thursday, June 30th, 2016, or while supplies last. Sorry, no rain checks.