Twelve tools in one – and it doesn’t fold up into an unwieldy metal clump you carry in your pocket.
No, this tool kit is full-blown and compromise-free. Granted, it won’t fit in your pocket. But it does come in a padded, zippered pleather case. And within that case: 12 of the most commonly needed tools to examine, diagnose, and fix electronic devices. You get a soldering iron, a de-soldering pump, a couple kinds of pliers, a couple screwdrivers, and more. Good stuff.
Good stuff that won’t set you back a small fortune, too – especially this week. Since it is our featured Deal of the Week, we’re marking down its usual $39.99 price to a paltry $14.99. Find out more here.
“See the curtains hangin’ in the window
In the evening on a Friday night
A little light-a-shinin’ through the window
Lets me know everything’s all right
“Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin’ through the jasmine in my mind” – Summer Breeze, Seals and Crofts, August 1972
This week’s DOTW feels like this classic soft rocker sounds: Cool, breezy, soothing…and, just possibly, a bit of a guilty pleasure.
OK, maybe we’re reaching here. But imagine the envy of co-workers as you sit at your post, amidst the inchoate fury of full-on Oregon summer, cool as a cucumber. Right as rain. Relaxed and comfortable, as the soft foam blades push air into your face and hair, making your long locks dance in the breeze like in a Beyoncé video.
And it’ll only set you back 10 bucks. Now that’s pretty…cool. Stifle that guilt, and find out more here.
Today, Apple announced a new entry-level iMac priced at $1099 – $200 less than the previous entry-level model (which, like all the other iMac® models, remains current). It retains many features identical to its two 21.5-inch brethren:
- 21.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology, 1920×1080 pixels
- 8GB DDR3 memory (not expandable)
- FaceTime HD camera
- Built-in downward-firing stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone/optical digital output
- Four USB 3.0 ports; Two Thunderbolt ports; SDXC card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet; 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 4.0
- Apple Wireless Keyboard and wireless Magic Mouse
- OS X Mavericks operating system
So what’s different? A few key changes have been made to reduce the cost:
- 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, with Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz. Contrast this with the substantially faster (2.7GHz and 2.9GHz) quad-core processors in the other two models. The L3 cache is smaller, too, and shared by the two processor cores.
- 500GB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive, in place of the 1 TB hard drives in the other models.
- Intel HD Graphics 5000, in lieu of Intel Iris Pro graphics in the $1299 model, and the 1GB NVIDIA GT 750M graphics in the $1499 model.
To better see how the new model fits in with the other 21-5-inch models, click here.
AVAILABILITY: We’ll be accepting orders for this new iMac model immediately. Fulfillment will depend on initial supplies and demand, which could push delivery to as much as two weeks away.
Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, and Macintosh are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Verizon is working with Makers.com and the Verizon Foundation to #InspireHerMind and encourage more girls to get involved with high-tech STEM fields.
“Our words can have a huge impact. Isn’t it time we told her she’s pretty brilliant, too? Encourage her love of science and technology and inspire her to change the world.” – Reshma Saujari, Founder of Girls Who Code
A Mac for Dad | June 6th, 7th, and (Medford only) 8th
This weekend, Connecting Point wants to make it both easy and affordable to get a Dad a new Mac® for Father’s Day:
- Buy any Mac with AppleCare®, receive a $50 store gift card.
- Buy any Mac with AppleCare and a qualifying HP or Epson All-in-One, and it goes up to a $75 store gift card.
Got an old computer you’ve outgrown? Bring it in with you. We’ll be evaluating both Macs and PCs for trade-in all weekend long. We can even transfer your files from the old computer into a new Mac.*
To make your graduation purchase even easier, we’ve made arrangements for up to 18 months of interest-free financing* with your good credit.
Connecting Point General Manager Jeff Thomas spoke with KTVL News 10’s Ashley Carrasco about other ideas for high-tech Father’s Day gifts:
These offers available at our Medford and Bend stores Friday and Saturday (June 6th and 7th), and also Sunday, June 8th at our Medford store.
*There is a charge for this service.
Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.